Social Work Education

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Welcome Post: Introduce Yourself!

Posted Jun 13, 2022 15:31
    Hi everyone,

Welcome to CSWE Spark! We are super excited to have you here with us.

Whether you've been in Spark for a while, are brand new, or are looking to expand your network and connect with social work educators, you have come to the right place.

Spark is CSWE's online community for educators and social workers to engage in conversation and collaborate among social workers, faculty members and administrators, students, interprofessional care providers, and other professionals around the world.  Before you continue to explore, let your peers know who you are by introducing yourself.

Here's how it works:
    Reply to this post and let us know who you are, what you do, what expertise you have to share, what you may be looking for in this community, your hobbies... anything you would like to share.

We encourage everyone to get to know members by replying. Feel free to say hello and wish them a warm welcome.

We look forward to meeting you all!
    #SocialWorkEducation

------------------------------
    Kianna Mckenzie
    Communications and Marketing Coordinator, CSWE Spark Community Manager
    Council on Social Work Education
    VA

• 2.  RE: Welcome Post: Introduce Yourself!

Posted Jun 16, 2022 07:35
    Hello Ms. Kianna Mckenzie & Social Work Educators

I am honored to have joined this prestigious group of mental health professional educators.  FYI, I obtained my MSW from the University of Georgia (May 2021) and LMSW Jan 2022.  I graduated from Troy University in 2004 and obtained a Masters in HR Management.

I have to say that I am very excited to have become a Social Worker which had been my life long dream but due to life circumstances I left the Air Force ROTC program (University of Puerto Rico) in 1976 and enlisted in the US Army.  Following a successful Army career I retired with over 20 years of service and have subsequently worked 16 years with the federal government presently Department of Veteran Affairs (Atlanta, Ga).

Finally my goal is simple and that is to become the best Social Worker (according to veterans) by assisting veterans and their family members who are victims of PTSD, IPV, MST, OPOID/SUD (counter-transference having lived around those maladaptive behaviors) and obtaining my LCSW.

I look forward to reading your monthly articles.

Jose Davila
    Social Worker
    Department of Veterans Affairs
    Flowery Br GA
    770-967-5700x495696