Faculty - Assistant Professor, Social Work (Undergraduate)
Carlow University BSW Program is seeking applications for a tenure-track faculty member at the rank of Assistant Professor. This is a 9-month, full-time position based at the Oakland campus beginning in August 2024. The Bachelor of Social Work Program at Carlow University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-tenure track position at the rank of assistant professor. This is a nine-month, full-time academic appointment to begin in August 2024. We seek a scholar-practitioner with an understanding of trauma-informed approaches across all systems and knowledge of research-informed practice. The successful applicant must have experience teaching CSWE required core social work courses, including generalist practice courses, skills in direct practice, and experience with field education. Prior experience teaching at the undergraduate level is preferred. Applicants must be able to demonstrate teaching experience in online and face-to-face environments to a diverse student population, including adult and non-traditional students. Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in course development and in collaboration with colleagues on projects to advance the BSW program and grow enrollment. Applicants should evidence a commitment to Carlow University's social justice mission and to the BSW Program's mission and values, including a commitment to culturally competent education, diversity, and trauma-informed approaches. Required Qualifications:
· MSW degree from a CSWE accredited program.
· 2 years post-MSW direct practice experience.
· LSW or LCSW
· DSW or PhD (ABD will be considered if evidence is provided for defense date before 12-31-24)
· Teaching and Field Education experience in a CSWE accredited program, preferably at the undergraduate level, in both the online and face-to-face environments.
· Only applicants with teaching experience in higher education will be considered.
· Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience that have knowledge/experience in healthcare social work and/or crisis intervention and trauma informed care.
The position begins in August 2024. Review of applications will begin in January 2024 and continue until the position is filled.
Carlow University is Devoted to....
· A culture of integrity, dignity and respect for all
· A strong commitment to social justice
· Ethical forward-thinking leadership
· Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life & disability benefits package
· Tuition benefits for undergraduate and graduate programs
· Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
· Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
· Complimentary use of Carlow's fitness center and amenities
Successful candidates must be committed to envisioning the future of liberal arts and professional education in a rapidly changing environment; have experience working with diverse populations; actively support Carlow's commitment to equity, inclusion, and community; and be able to articulate how they will contribute to Carlow University's Catholic, Mercy mission and values through their teaching, scholarship, and service.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University's resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and comply with legal and professional obligations.
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our university community.
333 John Carlyle Street, Suite 400Alexandria, VA22314
Phone+1 703 683 8080