National Association of Deans and Directors (NADD)

communities_1.jpg
  • 1.  Voting is Social Work

Posted Oct 26, 2022 18:22

Hello NADD Colleagues, 

I trust all is well. I've heard from some on the tough issues in dealing with faculty and student mental health challenges this summer. 

As you all know, voting has started in some stated, and this years' election has major implications for the country and the profession. Below is a reminder sent to me my our friends who operation in the Voting is Social Work space. Please review when you have time.

Best, and I hope to see you all soon at our November NADD meeting in California. 

Dear Martell: 

As a leader of NADD, we ask you to share this document below (Tool Kit # 5) with your members, colleagues and constituents. Be inspired by our VISW leader Sabrina Tyuse's story! Time is short!

While VISW is shifting to a getting out the vote GOTV emphasis, please note that 22 STATES HAVE SAME DAY REGISTRATION – UP TO ELECTION DAY: [CA; CO; CT; DC; DE;  HI; IA; ID; IL; MD; ME;MI; MN; NH; NM; NV; UT; VA; VT; WA; WI; WY; PLUS MT & NC ALLOW REGISTRATION THROUGH THE DAY EARLY VOTING ENDS]. For those voting in one of these 22 states-the Power of Three Campaign is still in full swing (Register 3 and ask those to Register 3…etc.)

For those in states where registration has ended or is ending, promote GOTV-encouraging people to know where their voting site is, what ID info to bring with them on election day. It may not be too late to become a poll watcher or poll worker in many states! Use our QR Code or Vote SW 34444 to find updated information on your registration status and polling place www.votingissocialwork.org

Thank you.

Terry and Mimi

------------------------------
    Martell Teasley
    Dean
    University of Utah College of Social Work
    SALT LAKE CITY UT
    ------------------------------