Field Directors

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Two Field Related Questions

Posted Jun 16, 2022 14:03
    Hello everyone, I hope you are starting to enjoy a relaxing and rejuvenating summer. I have two hopefully brief questions that I thought perhaps you can assist me with:
    1. Does anyone have a survey for field instructors to evaluate your social work program i.e. orientation effectiveness, support of students, clarity of communication, etc.?
    2. Does anyone know if CSWE has set accreditation requirements stipulating whether field placement site visits should be in person or via Zoom or a combination of the two? Also, can you comment on how many visits you conduct per semester? We are a BSW program.
    Thank you all for your amazing insight and support! Katharine Dill from Marist College in Poughkeepsie New York.

------------------------------
    Katharine Dill
    Marist College
    Newburgh NY

• 2.  RE: Two Field Related Questions

Posted Jun 17, 2022 13:33
    I've attached a pdf of the survey results from a post orientation survey I used after a field instructor training. I hope this is helpful. It was a virtual training so I created a google forms survey and emailed the link to the participants. Only 8 responded, but it was still good feedback. As far as site visits, I made two to our local sites, unless there were issues to be addressed, then I went as needed. For our out of town sites (each two hours away), I made one in-person site visit and then did email and video check-ins as needed. I did an end of the year survey with my field instructors and they felt that was appropriate, and knowing I was available as needed helped ease the minds of my new field instructors.

Andrea Germany
    Mississippi State University