Field Directors

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Safety Content

Posted Aug 02, 2022 13:16
    Hello!

This is my first time posting here. Every year, another field director and I complete a student orientation, including safety training. I have my go-to videos for my field-related classes, but I do not want to use them because they will be repeats for these students coming in. The orientation is for the BSW and MSW incoming students. Some MSW students have already seen my videos and engaged in safety-related content. They get safety training from me as juniors and then as seniors directly in their classes. Those same incoming seniors get this training which includes the MSW folks. I have scoured what is available through google searches, and there is not a ton of material. The training will be about an hour.

Which are your favorite safety-related videos, or must use the content for safety trainings? We were asked to change the content as we usually use the same (updated) PowerPoint each year. This is since some MSW students sit through the training 2-3 times, depending on which year they are in the program. 

This training is next week, and I realize I need to step it up. I am doing my best as I have Covid after being on vacation for two weeks with no access to my work computer; it was wonderful except for the Covid part, which delayed my return to work. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

------------------------------
    Evangelina Gonzalez-Dufresne
    Director of Field Placement
    Anna Maria College
    Paxton MA
    ------------------------------