Field Directors

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Request for Research Participation

Posted Nov 18, 2022 10:21
    I know it is a busy time of the year but I would love to hear from some more Field Directors (there is a survey and request for interview information below). Interviews can even wait until after the break if it is easier. Any help is appreciated.

Greetings social work colleagues! I am sending this email today to request participation in a mixed-methods research study my colleague, Amy Skeen, DSW, LCSW, PEL and I are conducting that focuses on field director's experiences with field placements/internships for social work students as well as emerging trends/issues in field education. The survey below will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete and is focused on types of student internship placements, opportunities and utilization of paid internships, potential barriers for student internships, and initiatives and supports to reduce student internship barriers. 

https://simmons.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/previewId/11a65e4d-9080-4d31-872c-9ef860580ab1/SV_7NwSbk19gIRnxRQ?Q_CHL=preview&Q_SurveyVersionID=current

We are also requesting participation in a semi-structured interview which is anticipated to last about 40 minutes. This interview will focus on the above noted issues and will assist in gaining a more in-depth understanding of field directors experiences. 

Questions can be emailed to this researcher at any time. If you wish to participate in an interview, please feel free to respond to this researcher and we can schedule at a date/time that is convenient for you.

Description of the Project: 

This project is designed to understand field directors' perspectives on field education and internship challenges. To qualify for participation faculty members must currently be employed in higher education in an accredited social work program. Participants must hold the title of Field Director, Assistant Field Director, Field Coordinator, or Assistant Field Coordinator. 

Name and Contact Information of Principal Investigator: 

Dana Holcomb, DSW, LMSW-Clinical 

Email: danaholcomb@ferris.edu 

Telephone: 231-591-2763 

IRB Information – Ferris State University 

IRB Protocol Approval Number: FY-22-23-17 

Contact Information: Ferris State University IRB 

1010 Campus Drive, FLITE 410 

Big Rapids, MI  49307 
                irb@ferris.edu
                231-591-2553

Thank you for considering this request. Have a wonderful day! 

------------------------------
    Dana Holcomb
    Director of Field
    Ferris State University
    Big Rapids MI
    danaholcomb@ferris.edu

• 2.  RE: Request for Research Participation

Posted Nov 29, 2022 14:54
    I participated in your survey. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your results. 

Best,
    Phil

Philip Breitenbucher
    Director, Office of Field Education
    California Baptist University
    Riverside CA