National Association of Deans and Directors (NADD)

communities_1.jpg

MSW Program Director (assoc./assist) tenureline position - U. St. Thomas, MN

• 1.  MSW Program Director (assoc./assist) tenureline position - U. St. Thomas, MN

Posted Nov 21, 2022 11:59

Greetings everyone!

I wish I could have attended NADD at APM this year.  But I want to share an opportunity at the University of St. Thomas. Do you have some academic administrative experience (such as BSW or MSW program director) and perhaps want to join our team? We are looking for an MSW Program Director in a tenure-line position. Here's the link:  MSW Program Director position, Univ St. Thomas.  

We have a great MSW program that is under some exciting transformations.  We are embedding environmental justice, anti-oppressive, and integrative behavioral health into its interprofessional MSW program.  We have a brand-new building with state-of-the-art technology and equipment.  But the best part, in my opinion, is that our faculty and staff are wonderful.  We all get along, support and encourage each other, collaborate a lot, and are generally enthusiastic.  I feel so lucky to be the director of a social work school in which I genuinely like every single person who works here.

If you like interprofessional collaborations, our college of health includes social work (BSW, MSW, DSW), Graduate Counseling Psychology, Nursing, Health and Exercise Science, and Public Health.  Our Interprofessional Center offers free clinic services (and provides field placements for students) in social work, psychology, and law. Below is the more official summary. 

Check the link above for details, but here's a brief summary:

Tenure-line position offered at Assistant or Associate Professor level, MSW Program Director

Depending on candidate qualifications, an expedited review for tenure, or years of credit toward tenure, may be negotiated. The position begins in Fall 2023.

The master's program has in-person and hybrid options for students. We have areas of emphasis in aging and immigrants and refugees as well as two specialized grant-funded programs in integrative behavioral health and trauma informed interdisciplinary practices for children with disabilities.

Our college mission: We are committed to whole-person health, social ingenuity and innovation through interprofessional collaboration and partnerships with the community, and advocacy for just and equitable systems

Preferred Requirements:

• A DSW or PhD (U.S. or Foreign Equivalent) in Social Work or closely related field
    • At least 2 years of social work practice experience.
    • Social work licensure (at any level; can be transferred from another state)
    • Three years academic administration experience in a social work program [any admin experience would be great]
    • Experience participating in or leading curriculum revision

Application reviews begin January 15, 2023

Warmly,

Ande

Ande Nesmith, Ph.D., LISW
    School of Social Work Director & Associate Professor

Morrison Family College of Health

School of Social Work | Mail SCB 201
    2115 Summit Avenue | St. Paul, MN 55105

------------------------------
    Ande Nesmith
    ------------------------------