Social Work Education

communities_1.jpg
 View Only

MFP Doctoral Fellow Seeking Social Worker Participants for Dissertation Research

• 1.  MFP Doctoral Fellow Seeking Social Worker Participants for Dissertation Research

Posted Mar 22, 2024 12:18

Hello CSWE Spark Community!

I am hoping you all can help one of CSWE's Minority Fellowship Program's Doctoral Fellows, Kortney Carr, with her dissertation research. Please find a letter from Kortney below:

Hello,

My name is Kortney Carr, and I am a Ph.D. student at the University of Kansas in the School of Social Welfare. I am reaching out to invite social workers (i.e., individuals holding a BSW, MSW and/or PhD/DSW degree/s) to participate in this research study exploring how social workers' practice with Black men is impacted by larger societal narratives. The findings from this study may help inform more culturally effective policy development and social work practice with Black men.

Participation in this study involves completing a demographics questionnaire and an individual interview. All interviews will: occur via Zoom, be recorded, and last approximately 60 to 120 minutes.  No identifiable information will be collected, and the interview will only be available to me and possibly my faculty supervisor.

In order to participate in this study, you must be 18 years of age or older, live and work in America, and have completed a degree in social work (BSW, MSW, DSW, Ph.D.). Those who may be currently enrolled in a social work program, but who have not yet completed a social work degree will be excluded from this study.

There are no personal benefits to participating in this study and no compensation. The information collected will be utilized to further develop social work services and the social work field by providing knowledge that could impact policy development and culturally effective social work practice. The anticipated risk due to participation in this study is minimal. Participation in this study is voluntary, and you can refuse to answer any question asked as well as end the interview at any time. As a participant in this study, you will receive a gift card in the amount of $50 for their time. Thank you for taking the time to consider participating in this study. If you have any questions, or are interested in participating in this study, please contact Kortney Carr at 913-897-8789 or k_carr@ku.edu. If you have any questions about your rights as a research participant, you may call the Human Subjects Protection Office at (785) 864-7429 or email irb@ku.edu.

Sincerely,

Kortney A. Carr, LCSW, LSCSW

Thank you CSWE community for supporting social work students and MFP Fellows!

#ResearchandProgramEvaluation

------------------------------
    Deja Andrews, MSW
    (Pronouns: She/Her/Hers)
    Assistant Director, Minority Fellowship Program
    dandrews@cswe.org
    703-519-2042

Council on Social Work Education
    333 John Carlyle Street, Suite 400
    Alexandria, VA 22314

CSWE acknowledges that its office and events are located on ancestral lands of Indigenous Peoples. Learn more.

------------------------------