Social Work Education

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Introduction

Posted Sep 01, 2022 13:39
    Hello, 
    I just joined this group and am very excited to join this group of scholar-practitioners and educators!

I recently joined Herzing University and I am the Director of Field Education for the Master of Social Work Program. The new online graduate program is currently in CSWE Pre-Candidacy, and our first MSW cohort begins in September!  

As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker since 2003, I have more than 21 years' experience in the social work field.   For the last 9 years, I have been Senior Director of Clinical Operations for a large national behavioral health organization--supervised and provided clinical and training support for more than 60 LCSWs in multiple states and provided behavioral health services to aging adults in post-acute and long-term care communities. 

In 2022, I completed my Doctorate in Education in Organizational Change and Leadership from USC.  I live in Missouri and love the change of seasons in the Midwest.   I walk my dog often and love participating in and attending sports events.  

I look forward to learning more about you all, particularly Field Education Directors on this list serve. 

Warm regards, and I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day holiday weekend!

Cynthia E. Baker, Ed.D, LCSW, MSW

Associate Professor

Director of Field Education

Master of Social Work Program

Herzing University

www.herzing.edu

cybaker@herzing.edu

she/her/hers

#FieldEd
    #CouncilonFieldEducation(COFE)
    #FieldDirectors

• 2.  RE: Introduction

Posted Sep 02, 2022 14:08
    Hi Cynthia,
    Welcome! I think you'll find a great network of Field Directors here. It is a great place to ask questions, locate resources, and receive support.
    Best wishes in your new role.

Joyce Kraus DSW, LCSW ACSW

Pronouns (she, her, hers)

Director of Field Education/Assistant Professor

Department of Social Work

University of St. Francis

Tower Hall S313

500 Wilcox St. 

Joliet, IL 60435

815-740-3412

Virtual Office Hours

Tues/Thurs 10-2pm or

By Appointment

https://calendly.com/jkraus-5

• 3.  RE: Introduction

Posted Sep 06, 2022 10:13
    Hi Joyce!  Thank you for your wonderful message and it seems the resources and support will be amazing.   I look forward to connecting! 
    Warmly, Cynthia

------------------------------
    Cynthia Baker
    Director of Field Education
    Herzing University
    Milwaukee
    414-212-3107
    ------------------------------