Field Directors

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Failed drug screen policy

Posted Jul 15, 2022 08:41
    Good morning everyone.   Most of our agencies require a drug screening and it is considered part of the required on-boarding activities that ensure a successful placement.  If a student fails the drug screen and the agency does not accept them, it is considered an unsuccessful placement and they may be replaced or have to defer a semester, depending on the circumstances and resources that may be needed determined by the FD.  An issue that is happening more often is a failed drug test due to recreational marijuana that is legal in their state.  It is not legal in Louisiana so this has been a new issue with our online program.  It is a violation of the agency policies so they are not accepted.  I am interested in knowing how other programs respond, specifically from a workload issue for the field placement coordinators having to replace them.  Our field advisory will be discussing this fall, so any feedback or policy you may have would be appreciated.     
    Traci Lilley LSU School of Social Work

------------------------------
    Traci Lilley
    Associate Director of the School and Field Directo
    LSU School of Social Work
    Baton Rouge LA

• 2.  RE: Failed drug screen policy

Posted Mar 01, 2023 08:42

Hi Traci,

I came across this thread as I was searching for information on field advisory boards. Would you mind sharing with me the purpose and structure of your board? What topics do they/have they addressed?

Shenita Williams
    Director of Field Education
    Virginia Commonwealth University
    Richmond, VA
    804-828-0708