National Association of Deans and Directors (NADD)

communities_1.jpg

BU SSW Dean search underway!

• 1.  BU SSW Dean search underway!

Posted Nov 16, 2022 10:49
    Dear colleagues, 

Please see attached dean search ad for the BU School of Social Work. As you know I am stepping down as dean in June 2023 after 5.5 years in this position. I'll be on sabbatical for a year and then will return as faculty.  

The school has very strong educational programs, faculty involved in securing external research where multi- and trans-disciplinary collaborations with SPH, Medical School, and other programs are the norm, and a recently completed strategic plan that I'm very proud of for its emphasis on anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices in learning, research, and service. Also important, our school stands on a strong financial foundation. 

We are located at the heart of the wonderful city of Boston and share incredible connections with local, city, and State leaders.  And, as shown by the attached map of recent election results, we are located in one of several blue states. As they say, location, location, location (context) matters :) 

Hope some of you awesome leaders are interested and please distribute widely. 

Sincerely,
    Jorge

------------------------------
    Jorge Delva
    Dean and Professor
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)