Accreditation

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  application process

Posted 23 days ago

Hello. My school is applying to add a BSW program and I wondered if anyone could share any pitfalls or issues I should pay attention to on the candidacy application? It appears pretty straight forward. Just wondering if anyone had any areas that were problematic that I need to pay more attention to.

------------------------------
    Kelly Smith

• 2.  RE: application process

Posted 22 days ago

I would say be sure to attend the drop-in candidacy consultation sessions (link below). As the process is  more involved than it may seem on paper. These session really prepare you for the submission of your Benchmark I product. 

New Program Applicants

CSWE remove preview
    New Program Applicants
    Is your institution applying to offer a new social work education program, such as a baccalaureate or master's degree program? Join the Accreditation Services and Training Manager for drop-in group consultations on the candidacy process.
    View this on CSWE >

Bart W Miles
    Social Work Program Director
    Augustana University
    Sioux Falls SD
    bmiles@augie.edu

• 3.  RE: application process

Posted 21 days ago

In addition to the excellent suggestion about the drop-in sessions, there is a chapter about developing BSW programs in the book Needha Boutte-Queen and I edited, as well as one on accreditation: https://www.cswe.org/products/successful-baccalaureate-social-work-programs-a-guide-for-current-and-emerging-leaders/ 

Susan Mapp
    Professor
    Elizabethtown College
    Elizabethtown PA