Social Work Education

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  APM Is Almost Here! Share Your Tips for New Attendees

Posted Oct 20, 2023 17:49

Hi everyone! We're very excited to be hosting the Annual Program Meeting in Atlanta this year. Will you be there? 

It's my first APM and it got me to thinking -- what tips can you share for other new attendees? Or do you have a favorite lunch spot in Atlanta you want to share? 

#APM

------------------------------
    Helen Mosher, CAE
    Vice President of Communications and Membership
    Council on Social Work Education

• 2.  RE: APM Is Almost Here! Share Your Tips for New Attendees

Posted Oct 23, 2023 17:10

Looking forward to seeing everyone at APM. As for restaurants, there are many great restaurants along Peachtree Street NE in the 100 to 200 block areas, just a few blocks from the Marriott (Metro Diner, Hsu's Gourmet, Sun Dial...). Atlanta has a lot of streets with the name Peachtree in it, so make sure you check whether you're going to a street, avenue, or boulevard, and NE, SW, SE, or NW.

As for tips for the conference... stay until the end on Sunday, including the final luncheon. There are some great presentations on Sunday - and yes, I'm biased, because I'm presenting on Sunday morning at 8:45 to 9:45 AM in Room A-703: Anti-DEI Legislation, EPAS, and Academic Integrity: Faculty Forum to Discuss Challenges and Strategies. I hope to see you at this important forum, as well as at many other interesting sessions and social gatherings.
    Allan
    abarsky@fau.edu

Allan Barsky
    FAU