Field Directors

communities_1.jpg
 View Only

Research Survey for Students on Political and Religious Ideology in SW Education

• 1.  Research Survey for Students on Political and Religious Ideology in SW Education

Posted Mar 10, 2023 01:44

Dear colleagues,

I am conducting a study as part of my doctoral capstone project on the experience of students in the social work classroom based on their religious and political ideology.  As a first phase I surveyed students at my institution and got some fascinating results.  I have received IRB Approval to expand the study to other institutions around the country in order to get a strong representative sample.  The study aims to collect information about students' political and religious beliefs and their intersection with the social work classroom/learning experience.  Given the highly charged current environment around politics and religion in the United States, understanding the student experience can contribute to a body of data about what this looks like in social work classrooms.  Each perspective will provide valuable insight to us as educators toward improving classroom climate and instruction in social work education.  If you would be willing to share the survey with your students, please email me at carl.sorenson@usu.edu and I will forward the recruitment email with the survey link.  Thank you in advance for any assistance you might offer in getting this to social work students.

Kind regards,

------------------------------
    CJ Sorenson
    Director of Field Education
    Utah State University
    Logan UT
    ------------------------------