Field Directors

communities_1.jpg
 View Only
  • 1.  Field Partnerships with Americorps Vista/ EOC (Economic Opportunity Corps)

Posted Feb 15, 2023 11:30

Hi,

I recently began exploring the potential or partnering with Americorps to potentially offer some paid field placements. I've heard that other schools already have similar partnerships. If you have partnered with Americorps through field, I'd love to learn more! How does the structure work? How many students are able to receive these placements? Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mike

------------------------------
    Michael Lynch, LMSW
    Clinical Associate Professor – Field Education
    University at Buffalo School of Social Work
    637 Baldy Hall
    (716) 645-1236

• 2.  RE: Field Partnerships with Americorps Vista/ EOC (Economic Opportunity Corps)

Posted Feb 16, 2023 11:02

Hi Mike, Anna Stewart has been doing some work on this at Ohio State along with trying to see if there are options for placements in Federal Work Study settings. Feel free to reach out to us if you want to set up a time to chat further.

Katie 

Katie Klakos
    Director of Field Education
    The Ohio State University College of Social Work
    Columbus OH

• 3.  RE: Field Partnerships with Americorps Vista/ EOC (Economic Opportunity Corps)

Posted Feb 17, 2023 11:43

That sounds good-why don't we connect at some point in March after my initial conversations have concluded? Could you send me days and times when you're free? Mrlynch2@buffalo.edu

Michael Lynch, LMSW

Clinical Associate Professor – Field Education

University at Buffalo School of Social Work

637 Baldy Hall

(716) 645-1236